Mar 28, 2018
In this 6th Episode of Power Your Life
Today Season 3: #ParentingPower, I was able to discuss with my
parents the ideas behind bonding with children and parent
In this episode, my parents and I
- How kids are like cows and will always “push the
- Connecting with kids emotionally and helping them
- How you don’t need to have money to do meaningful
things for kids or spouses.
- How Dad was able to do endearing things with kids
- How Father’s Interviews helped us connect with Dad
on a monthly (or so) basis.
- The lessons the kids taught Dad and Mom.
- Lessons on spirituality and how our religion has
tied into all we do
- How to let your kids choose their own path in life
and not force them into things
My favorite quote from Mom:
“When the parents are clear on who they are, what
they are about, and what they expect, the kids may kick at the
fence, they may not like it, but they feel secure.
My favorite quote from Dad:
“Basketball was a big part of my life and younger
days, but I never pushed any of you children into basketball.
Sometimes, unfortunately, parents push their children into things
the parents love and want to see their children do, but we pretty
much tried to let you children pick your own route and learn what
you liked and enjoyed.”